We're a second generation, family business that started in Perth, Western Australia over 30 years ago and now services trolleys nationwide
We offer onsite servicing and repair wherever you are – and have hundreds of happy customers in metropolitan, regional and remote locations.
How we've grown - from servicing 6 stores in 1989 to over 600 today!
When Des Woodman came up with the concept in 1989, we were the first in WA (and possibly Australia) to create a business offering state-wide trolley repairs and maintenance. Today we deliver a total trolley maintenance solution including onsite service & repair – no matter where your store is located, as well as fleet refurbishment, welding & fabrication, cleaning & sanitising, and preventative maintenance programs.
From humble beginnings, with six Woolworths stores in Perth, South West Trolley now work with over 600 sites, and are the preferred Woolworths supplier in three states – WA, SA & NT. We service many other retailers too and believe that it’s our people that are are integral to our success. Our key personnel are:
– Tim became a partner in the business some 10 years ago and, having taken over the day-to-day management and operations from his father Des Woodman, he represents the second generation in this family business. Tim brings an in-depth knowledge of the industry, as a result of literally growing up with it and being involved for some 20 years; as well as being a qualified Boilermaker with a Cert IV in Engineering Fabrication. While he enjoys being on the tools, Tim is also responsible for introducing new & better systems and compliance processes, including a comprehensive overhaul of their OH&S procedures.
– Des started the business back in 1989 in the Rockingham-Kwinana area of WA, when he was looking for a lifestyle change for himself and his family. His background in accounting and banking was invaluable in creating and building South West Trolleys to be the a sustainable business it is today. While he’s handed over the management of the business to his son Tim, Des is still currently involved in operations and particularly enjoys working with regional and remote clients in between his fishing trips!
– it’s been said that what Allen doesn’t know about trolleys isn’t worth knowing. We’re pretty sure he knows every single store manager in the state, and his product and customer knowledge is a huge asset when it comes to coordinating our jobs and work teams. Des met him in a shopping centre carpark, when Allen was a 14 year old trolley collection boy, and offered him a job. It was on & off work in the early years, but Allen has since become an integral part of the South West Trolleys team and has been with the business for over 20 years all up.
– Donna is Tim’s partner and mother to their four children. It’s a busy life managing a young family and running a successful business – particularly one with the challenges of coordinating jobs nationwide and in remote & rural areas – but together they have made it work. Donna’s responsibilities include administration, accounts, compliance and business development.
WHAT WE DO
Customer Trolleys, Stock Movement Trolleys, Capping Ladders, Butchers Trolleys, Deli Department Trolleys, and Bakehouse Racks
South West Trolleys’ clients include Woolworths, IGAs, Drakes, Target, Dan Murphy’s and
numerous independent bakeries, hardware, butchers and supermarkets.
Onsite Service & Repair of:
- Customer Trolleys – Shopping, Liquor, Hardware
- Stock Movement (back of house) Trolleys
- Capping (Rolling) Ladders
- Butchers Trolleys
- Deli Department Trolleys
- Bakehouse Racks
We can offer a scheduled servicing, annually or quarterly – depending on your requirements, to maintain your trolley fleet in good working order. Our preventative maintenance program minimises expensive repairs and the inconvenience of unplanned downtime.
Rural & Remote Sites
We’ve perfected servicing of rural & remote sites:
- in Western Australia we work from Perth to Derby and Kalgoorlie to Esperance
- in the Northern Territory we’ve got clients in Darwin and Gove
- in South Australia we service customers in Adelaide and Port Lincoln
…and everywhere in between!
Trolley Fleet Refurbishment
Is your trolley fleet looking a bit rundown but you don’t have the resources or budget to replace it totally just now?
We can refurbish your fleet by replacing handles, wheels, etc to give your trolleys a fresh new look and extend their life for a few more years.
Welding & Custom Fabrication
We pride ourselves on our welding and fabrication skills and expertise. We can customise your stock movement trolleys to suit your unique requirements and make your workflow more efficient. Contact us to discuss your needs and we’ll help you find a solution.
Cleaning & Sanitising
The condition of your trolleys can make or break your customer experience – and now more than ever cleanliness and hygiene is of paramount importance. We offer either a once-off service or can set up a regular cleaning schedule. Our high pressure cleaning removes the dirt and we use biodegradable chemicals for cleaning and sanitising.
Trolley Logistics & Warehousing
Trolley Logistics & Warehousing:
- Warehouse facilities for Trolley and Pallet torage.
- Trolley fleet transportation utilising our 12 tonne curtainsider truck with 2 tonne tail lift.
- Sea container storage